Monday, January 11, 2010

An Ode to my Husband

I just wanted to let the world know how much I love my husband.  Nothing in particular made me want to sing his praises, I was just laying in bed this morning thinking how awesome he is.  Here is why I love him:

1. He is very motivated in his career, but not for money or personal gains, because he actually loves what he does.  He is a chemist and I think that's cool he's so into science.  I don't do science...

2. He never once, in all our poor times, suggested I get a job instead of staying home with Ingrid.  He knows how important it is.  I think I've mentioned this before, but I feel very strongly about this!  If he ever made me feel guilty about staying home, I would always think I'm not pulling my weight.

3. He is appreciative of what I do for no pay.  He always thanks me for cleaning, cooking, doing laundry.  He sucks at all of these, so I'm glad he sees that I have my pros :)  He usually notices things and comments on them (after years of me aheming and nudging he finally gets it!)

4. He has a great sense of humor.  We laugh together all the time.  We have the same silly things that make us laugh.  I think that is so important, it keeps us calm to laugh at things. 

5. He also has a serious side that is very concerned with politics.  I love that he keeps up to date on things.  I have to say, I don't so much anymore, so it's nice to hear things from him.  He is passionate about things and I love that.

6. He is motivated to do things.  I remember when I first started dating him, there was a movie being filmed in Milwaukee and they needed extras to play baseball or be in the stands.  Brendan went and waited for hours to see if he could be one of the baseball players, and I remember thinking that was so awesome.  He thought about doing something, and he did it!  Past boyfriends were very unlike that, they would talk for ages about doing some stupid thing and then never get around to doing it.  It really stuck out in my head when I met Brendan and he would actually do the things he said he wanted to do!

7. He makes me motivated to do things.  He wants to go out and hike, or this past weekend we went to an indoor pool to go swimming.  I would not have done that (a bathing suit in January???) but because he wanted to, I did.  And it was so much fun!  It's nice to have someone not want to sit on their ass all day long. 

I hope other married people feel as lucky as I do to be with their partner.  It sure makes those dreary days less dreary to be able to spend it with someone you love so much.

3 comments:

MaryAnne said...

What a sweet post, it sounds like you married an awesome guy. And you are so right, laughing makes it much easier to stay calm!

ringmaster said...

very sweet!!!

HeimatZ said...

Das ist sooooooooo lieb.