Sunday, January 24, 2010

Daily Life in the Liddle house

I feel like I've been missing for awhile. It just seems like nothing has been going on. Ingrid and I are home most of the time, as Brendan takes the car to work. It's been going well, the whole one car thing. I like to be home most of the time. I tend to get more stuff done that way.

Ingrid has been so cute lately, her vocabulary has exploded! She sings along to songs now, which is super adorable :) Life with her revolves around blocks (the best thing I got from swapmamas, for sure!) her play kitchen, and coloring. Those are the only three things she wants to do. Brendan and I have fun making the most ridiculous towers possible, which is more fun than I thought it would be.

I've been getting a lot of sewing done. I got a pattern for baby shoes and have now made three pairs. They were difficult to do the first time but now I think I have the hang of it. They look so cute, it's hard not to imagine a little baby wearing them...

Which of course brings us to our family and whether we'll expand it or not. Of course. I have been pro-baby #2 and talking about it probably too much. Asking Ingrid if she wants a baby brother or sister, as if she has any idea what that means! Looking through the baby name book, imagining what names would go well with Ingrid (Felix? Alister? Harriet?) Making baby shoes and thinking I shouldn't sell them but save them for my own child.

But, like last time, we're just not in the right place yet. According to Brendan...He is finishing up his fellowship and we are planning on moving in the next few months for his new job, wherever that may be. And we want to buy a house in the next couple years, too, so there are so many factors in our lives that are up in the air. I'm sure it's the sane, rational, adult thing to wait until we figure some of them out, but my hormones say otherwise.

*sigh*

We'll see. Story of my life. When are you moving? We'll see. Where are you moving? We'll see. What job will Brendan get? We'll see.

5 comments:

Jami said...

I vote no to Harriet - lol that was my stepdad's mom's name and she was Crazy. With a capital C. lol

Allie said...

lol...I vote no, too. All I can think of is Harriet the Spy.

Amber Liddle said...

But Kristin, that's part of the reason I love the name Harriet! That was my favorite book as a kid!

But if she's gonna turn out crazy then, no.

Fiona said...

I like Harriet, but then I also loved Harriet The Spy.

Huge Hugs Amber - it is tough not knowing what is happening in your life, but from my experience you never really know, and sometimes you just have to 'go for it' anyway!

ringmaster said...

i love Harriet!!! i agree with fiona sometimes you just have to go for it. we lived in a 1 bedroom apartment when dax was born and a two bedroom condo when cash was born. we didn't really have the space and i had to carry 2 kids and groceries up stairs about half a block from our parking spot. but it all worked out in the end when we got a 4 bedroom house and everyone had a room. except when pip came along and took my sewing/craft room but that's another story