Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hello, World!

Oh man, am I in a good mood.  Ingrid has slept in for two nights straight!  All through the night, not a peep!  Well, there was a peep last night but I let her settle herself down and a minute later she was quiet again.  All this sleep makes for one happy mama!  I got up at 7:30 this morning--SEVEN THIRTY!  Usually we're up by six, and I have to drag my ass out of bed, but this morning I was the first one up.  I had coffee already made by the time Brendan brought Ingrid out.  What a great way to wake up.

Things just seem to be really going well here.  I feel happy and well rested, Ingrid has been adorable, Brendan has been sure to help out as much as he can since he's been working late.  I have another giveaway going on with Applesauce Craft, so I am busy making more gift sets and dresses to stock the store.  Ingrid and I have been doing fun activities the past couple days and I'm realizing A)it makes the day go by faster to have an activity and B)it makes her happy to have my undivided attention for an hour or two. 

Usually she's playing around me while I clean or bake or something.  I play a little with her but I've never been one to get down and really PLAY play, you know?  It bores me, honestly...But with crafty stuff like making crayons, it's fun for me, too.  I have play dough we should get out, and today we're making Christmas cookies.  I have to set up a place where she can get really messy with frosting and sprinkles. 

That is what sucks about this apartment--carpet in the dining room.  Who thinks that's a good idea???  The only sweepable place we have is our tiny kitchen so if I want to let Ingrid make a mess that's where we have to be.  Every other inch of our stupid place is carpeted.  Blah. 

Anyway, things are good here.  I'm looking forward to a nice weekend of sewing, Brendan has already said he'll take care of Ingrid all weekend so I can have a break.  I'm listening to Pandora's "jazzy holiday" station and drinking coffee and I got to sleep a whole uninterupted 8 hours last night.  Life is grand. 

5 comments:

arwen_tiw said...

I have one word for you mama: Shower curtains. OK that was two words... They are the best thing for crafting on, just enforce the "stay on the mat" rule and they can go crazy with the crafting!

Wow, sleep, I don't think I remember what that is any more. Way to go you guys! No wonder you're feeling bouncy!

Chari said...

good for you!
I'm jealous of the night of sleep though ;-)

one day, one day...

MaryAnne said...

Good to hear you're getting more sleep!

When we had an apartment with (cream!) carpet under the dining room table I used one of those mats that go under desks - it stayed in place really well and could be mopped clean. Not as big as a shower curtain, though, or as cheap.

ringmaster said...

hey i was looking at the shop and wondering if you had circus fabric to make a pair of pants for pip?

sunnymama said...

Glad you are getting some sleep! I know what you mean about finding playing boring. I too find crafty stuff much more enjoyable. I'm glad that sunnyboy is able to play happily on his own though while I get on with things around the house. He's got a much better imagination for that kind of thing than me anyway. :)