I just saw it's World Breastfeeding Week! Yay. Someone on Facebook asked the question "what do you love about breastfeeding?" Let me tell you:
1. I don't have to worry about water temp. Not to hot, not too cold. I hate when the bottle temp is wrong and his royal highness gags like I'm giving him sewage sludge.
2. No clumps! Nothing like trying to stir and shake a bottle and have clumps that clog the nipple. If it won't dissolve in water, what's it doing to my kid's intestines?
3. My nipples are always on right. Otis' bottles have a vented nipple that you have to have on just right to get the vent to work.
4. No fumbling around at 3am making a magical potion, spilling formula all over the counter, that ends up being sticky and gross the next day. My magical potion is ready made and easy to get to in the middle of the night.
5. Special treatment :) We were at a baseball game this weekend, it was HOTTTT and sweaty, and I got to go to the First Aid room and sit behind a curtain on a comfy chair in the air conditioning so I could nurse Otis. There were three other moms there and we were all laughing how we weren't in any hurry for our babes to stop eating, since that would mean we had to go back out in the heat.
6. Looking down and seeing this:
Hello, happy baby!!