1. Ingrid's imagination. She will sit with her toys and just have the best conversations with herself. I've overheard her feeding her baby doll and saying "How many pounces did you eat, baby? Oh, eleven thirty pounces? Good!" Also heard, when playing with her robot doll, in a monotone voice, "I AM A ROBOT. I AM A ROBOT." Yesterday we brought up the fire truck from the basement and she played rescue animals all afternoon. I love that she can entertain herself so well!
2. Our new Bummis wrap. It's small enough for Otis but it's got plenty of room for him to grow. Our prefolds fit so nicely in it and it's cute and green with colorful dots all over. I'm loving our prefolds in general. We got some Bum Genuius XSs that are good, but last night showed me why I hate AIOs. I thought they were dry but apparently they weren't, so we ended up having to change Otis' clothes three times in the middle of the night because they'd gotten soaked. If I put something in the dryer for 80 MINUTES!!! I expect it to be dry when it comes out!
3. My family. Last night after dinner Brendan was playing with Ingrid and I was sewing. We had music on, a really bad 80s channel, and lots of bad songs came on, which we sang along to and Ingrid danced. I just love our evenings when we hang out before bedtime.
4. Not being homeless!! Brendan just found out yesterday that he can stay at his job for a couple more months while he's searching for his new job. It's a pay cut but it's way better than the nothing we were planning on having in a couple weeks! And we get to keep our health insurance, which is the biggest relief ever. Brendan has had a couple phone interviews and next week he has one in Missouri. Not sure what we think of moving there but a job is a job.
5. This pattern. I love it! A friend got it for me and I've made a few pairs now. It's so easy and so cute and the sizes are big enough for Ingrid. I made a pair for her the other day that turned out huge, so I'll be able to use the pattern for awhile for her! Yay. It felt really good to sew again.
2 weeks ago